It's Birthday time!!!

Since the girls are 13 months apart, it means that we have more of a birthday MONTH than simply a birthDAY around here.  This year it all started the day before Samantha's birthday. Andy convinced her that she shouldn't have to wait until the evening of her birthday, when dad would be home, to open her gifts, but instead open them the night before so that she could ENJOY them on her birthday.



So she opened them a day early. Then on her birthday, it was all about her, of course.  
Samantha is a very girly girl, so she had a hard time getting all comfy laying in the grass.

 Especially, when this guy and his buddies are jumping beside her.

Of course a goofy pic is a must... 


My beautiful little lady 







We planned a shared birthday party between the girls' birthdays, which is unusual, since we don't normally do birthday parties.  Samantha agreed on a sea theme, since that is Ella's passion and she wouldn't dream of choosing anything else.  Samantha informed me that she loves mermaids too, not just Ella.  Although we don't normally have birthday parties, I do make the girls a themed cake of their choice, and this means Ella has now chosen a sea theme 4 years in a row: 3, 4, 5, and now 6.  Let's just say she was excited to have a sea party.  Sadly, after all the planning and effort, darkness fell and the few pictures I took didn't do justice to how nice it all turned out. 


We had a sandbox where they dug for sea shells, a dolphin toss, mini buckets with shovels and party treats in our treasure chest, fishing in the swimming pool that was filled with balloons for water, lots of candy, gum balls, cupcakes and sea snacks.  The weather decided to be quite chilly that night, but other than that, I think the party was a success!






A week after the party, we met with the girls' biological great grandmother to, once again, celebrate birthdays.

Then came the day before Ella's birthday and guess who had to open her presents?  "But Mom, Sissy opened hers a day early..."



When she got an awesome book about sea animals, she had to stop in the middle of opening presents and check out every page in the book.  Did I mention that Ella LOVES the sea?


And FINALLY....it was Ella's birthday...Even though it was raining, we had to do a mini photo shoot.






 Silly Sue     




I'm in love with this smile.    

Whew, that was a little too much fun.   Maybe now we can rest up for the holidays??







2 I love comments!!:

meNmykids October 10, 2014 at 5:38 PM  

Oh my goodness!! Your girls are getting so big. They are darling and I bet it was a birthday to remember :) Or birthdaysssss....

meNmykids December 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM  

Just reread your post. Your girlies are fabulous! Wish I could spoil them so they would always remember Aunt Gale as the best :) Cute, cute, cute.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.