The Terrible 4's?

In the past, it seemed like seem like when my kids turned 4 it was somewhat magical. I remember even being some-what of a know it all with less experienced parents about their young toddlers saying, "Just wait till they turn 4, they will get along better with other kids, they will be more independent, and their attitudes will change from night to day.

I am now dealing with my 3rd and last (Lord willing!) 4 year old, Ms Ella. Her mission in life is to prove me wrong and she is doing a great job of that on the 4 year old view I previously held. She even brings God into it by telling me that it doesn't make God happy at me when I take away her mermaid. She thinks it's completely ridiculous that we are upset about her graffiti on her NEW wooden headboard and frame or the hair style she gave herself with the scissors. I mean she just wants to express herself for goodness sakes!

I have had to totally change my tactics with this child. If I start off with my natural instinct of, "Gabriella Anne..." She bristles instantly and becomes defensive. The battle has begun. The scary part is that she doesn't throw fits, instead after she has thought over the words I say when she gets in trouble, she calmly tells me what she wants to say in a very calculated manner. Yesterday she had to clean her room by herself because she had been playing instead of helping Samantha clean. While she was alone in the room "cleaning" she found a crayon and went to work on the bed. I told her that daddy worked hard for the money to buy her bed and since she was trying to destroy it, then one of her things would be destroyed/taken. For 20 minutes or so she kept coming to the door with new insights and ideas. One of the things she came to the door and calmly said later was that since I took her mermaid that she was going to destroy my stuff. She sat in there thinking this through. This wasn't said in a rage of ranting and crying just simply and matter of factly stated. I told her that if she destroyed something else that she would lose something else of hers, but I have to admit, I'm a little nervous!

She is definitely giving me a run for my money, but at other times she is such an angel and I feel so blessed to have her. I just pray that God can help me reach her and understand her.

1 I love comments!!:

meNmykids May 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM  

Whew!!! Kids were put here to keep us from getting big heads. Ominous sounding little stinker. Funny though.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.