My profile

I was editing my profile today and when I got to the favorite movies entry, I tried to think about a few more movies that would fall into this category. The first things that came to my mind are Aladin and the Lion king. I refused to list them, feeling some how immature for choosing them as my favorites. As I sat there trying to come up with better answers, I remembered the many, many times I have seen each of these classics.

Andy was totally crazy over Aladin. About 10 minutes before the end of the movie he would say over and over again how he wanted to watch Aladin. As the end drew nearer and nearer, he would get a little more frantic, being afraid that we would let the movie be over (He was 2). So, needless to say we watched Aladin all day long, day after day. You would think that after all that I would hate the movie, but that was a long time ago and I have a soft spot in my heart for the little guy. In fact I have been know to break out, at any given time in, "A whole new world."

The Lion King is the first movie we took Andy to the theater to see. We ended up owning it, and putting it on in the mornings allowed me a little extra sleep. I just love simba, and again, the music just stayed with me. "I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware!..."

I have decided that I am not to proud to admit that these wonderful children's movies are definitely some of my favorites, and even top my own childhood favorite, Sleeping beauty. I hope the rest of you can still enjoy a fun kids movie once in a while!

6 I love comments!!:

Trina November 20, 2007 at 11:30 AM  

What do you mean? I thought your favorite movie was "Out of Africa"! hahaha

Jules November 20, 2007 at 12:21 PM  

You shouldn't feel silly that kid movies are some of your favorites, they are mine too! I LOVE the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc... I always watch kid movies with my kids. HEHE, sometimes when I see my kids cry, I break out in tears with them, because there is SOMETHING about seeing your kids cry that makes you also. LOL. Recently Blake was watching ET and hecame in and was BAWLING over it. Then Taylor recently watched Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium, and she BAWLED for about an hour. But back to the point, kid movies are great also ;)

meNmykids November 20, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

If you check my profile you will see Shreck, Ella Enchanted, andA Bugs Life. Nothing tops a good kid movie for me.

Marisela November 21, 2007 at 10:11 AM  

Kid movies are awesome...I'm glad I have kids, so I have a good excuse to watch them.

Tish November 26, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

You are definitely not the only one that enjoys kids movies. We enjoy sitting down with our kids and watching them too. We recently rented "Meet the Robinson's". It's a pretty good one. You're kid is getting too old to use him as an excuse to see these movies. How sad!!!!

M January 14, 2008 at 4:41 AM  

hi there - i found you through Trina's page - I love those Disney Classics too! how do you do those cool Blinkies?
Thanks
margaret

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.