A Nice Weekend

This past weekend was so nice. On Saturday Dale, Andy and I went shopping. We had several items on our list, mostly just window shopping, not buying. We looked all through the kitchen, bathroom, lighting, and decor section in several stores. (Andy wasn't as nice as Dale, he escaped to the electronic section a few times) One of my favorite stops was Pier One. They have a lot of clearance, I was pleasantly surprised. Dale and I Meandered through the whole store. It was a blast! We were dreaming of our future house and the things we would like to have for it.

For lunch we sent Andy in to a Chinese restaurant for their lunch buffet to-go for one. He came out with a dish heaped with lomein, fried rice, teryake chicken, egg rolls, and still more beef and chicken, all for $6.45. What a deal! We didn't get to stuff ourselves, but it was quite satisfying.

After shopping all day, we arrived home famished and tired. We ate some leftover hearty chicken soup. Yum! Then proceeded to watch Happy Feet. Dale and I had never seen it and it was a great end to a nice day.

Sunday we went to Brandon and Merissa's and carved pumpkins. I made carmel apples and Dale roasted pumpkin seeds while everyone else did their pumpkins. It was a fun time all in all. I took pictures and will try to post some later.

7 I love comments!!:

Skylene October 20, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Sounds fun. Seems like when you live in the city shopping is a fun activity to get you out of the house. And it isn't too hard on your pocketbook unless you get overcome with temptation! Which we have too many times!

Sabriena October 20, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

Wow! It sounds like you had a really good time, then. I'm glad. I like for you to have a good time. Even when it isn't shared with us! LOL. Caramel apples are delicious, albeit sticky. That is a really good deal... our family should try it one day... LOL!!

We still miss you. I wish you lived here, and secondly, I wish you lived in P-d since we get to go there for Church on Thursdays a little bit more than half of the time. And thirdly, if you didn't live in one of those places, I wish you lived in R-d like before, because you'd visit us more often than in D-r, CO. Anyway, I miss all of you guys. Maybe we'll get to see you again one of these days, though.

meNmykids October 20, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

How fun! What a nice way to spend the weekend. We cut wood. That was fun too...? I miss you, maybe I'll email.

Marisela October 22, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

Sounds fun....we made carmel apples this weekend too. They were very good. The chinese food sounds good too. Maybe I'm hungry? LOL

Sylvia October 22, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

It sounds like such a nice weekend. Not stressing about things just enjoying each other. It is a lot of fun to dream about all of the things you will do to your new house.

michelle October 23, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

You just keep on having fun without us... Wish Andy was here we are going to Alturas this weekend.They are celabrating Kate Youngs 18th b-day on satday and Amber Young is in a play satnight and the youngkids are going to the play.Us Mark and kim ,Marshall and Connie and maybe Martin boys,and Pitman girls and their brother from Sacramento are all going there.Oh and we are taking Kansada and are trying to talk Jesse into going but he not all that sure about young kid things yet.Elise said they are going to include MacKenzie since her b-day only 2 weeks away. I'll post about it next week.

Kalisha October 25, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

It's been FIVE days. Post those pictures about now please.


P.S. I didn't forget the please just in-case you didn't notice. Lol.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.