Complain, complain, complain

I feel like all I ever do is complain, and today is no different. Most of you know that I like to tackle my grocery shopping all in one day every month. I have a brand spanking new, huge walmart just minutes away, so I thought that would make the day even easier. WRONG!!

Many times in the past I have gone into walmart only to find that they are out of stock on 3 or 4 items on my list. My new walmart has carried on with that tradition and went even further. There are many bare shelves and in some areas it is plain to see that they have spread one item out along the shelf to make it look like they have more stock than they actually do.

Today I went in to get my snow tires put on while I shopped. It was supposed to take 1 hour. No big deal, I would browse for a while and then get my list of things. The list was considerably smaller than it used to be because of my previous experiences of them being out of this or that. Even though my list was only 5-6 items, they were still out of stock on 2 of them. Then to make matters worse, the car took 2 hours instead of 1! I am furious with them!

I want to boycott walmart. I am comparing prices at other stores and amazingly Walmart isn't as cheap as I thought they were!

9 I love comments!!:

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 November 2, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

When we lived a block from Walmart I would go once a month or less to get household cleaning products. It is much cheaper to get groceries somewhere else. I'm a big bargain shopper! hehehe
About the tires, we've had great service at Les Schwab.

Trina November 2, 2007 at 4:23 PM  

Hmmm...we didnt run into that problem (as far as stocked shelves) at our walmart in washington. I am so thankful we didnt, because it was the only reasonable place around. Now we don't have one near by, and since I have so many options I havent missed it all. Winco is our grocery shopping store here, they definitely have great prices. So I am pleased!

Trina November 2, 2007 at 4:24 PM  

P.S. Let me know about Andy and having him come over. We are excited about having him!!

Marisela November 2, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

I have found that to be true about Walmart too. When we lived in Colorado I felt the same way, not only did they not have what I needed most of the time, but I would have to stand in line just as long as it took me to find all my groceries...it made me mad too! I really don't miss Walmart, I'm with Trina...pleased with Winco.

Jules November 3, 2007 at 8:36 AM  

Wow, I actually love Wal-Mart. That's where I buy groceries and everything. However, I plan on branching out. I'm goign to get a Sams Club membership in the beginning of next week so I'm going to start buying from there, and also, there is a Grocery store called Aldi that I've been wanting to try. It is about 25 minutes away but I've heard it is SO much cheaper there, and I like cheap!

meNmykids November 3, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

Are you saying that you had to wait on the car? That is bad, I mean if you price compared per pound etc., checked out all of the new items that could be substituted etc. and you still had to wait? I've shopped with you lady, you are not the fastest (although definately one of the funnest), they have a problem and you should try another store. Maybe one that carries really cool shoes for the off day? If so I may be lured your way....

Tish November 3, 2007 at 9:05 AM  

I used to love Wal-Mart. I never noticed them being out of stock; but like Trina there are no Wal-Marts here and I haven't really missed them.

meNmykids November 4, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

Funny you should post this, then I have a bad experience. Thanks a lot.

Chantel H November 7, 2007 at 2:11 PM  

Mom of 3... We love Les Schwab too, but they were 20$ more expensive on the tires and you know me, I'm a cheapskate!

Trina...I miss Winco, but I am loving fred meyer. Their fruit has a lot more flavor than most grocery stores.

Marisela...I totally hear you about the lines. The Walmart/tire day, I went to the "speedy" checkout. I'm not sure why, they are all the same SLOW!!!!

Jules...Sams club is great for some things; cereal, torillas, snacks, and boneless skinless chicken, just to name a few, but you can find other things cheaper on weekly sales at the grocery store.

Gale...I totally forgot about the shoe department! It was an hour past lunch and you know me when I get hungry, my only thought was to get home to food...Sorry about your bad Walmart experience, but I'm sure it won't be the last!

Tish...When I lived there, I would make the 50 minute journey to walmart about every 6 months. I really wanted one closer then, now I know I wasn't missing much.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.