On my own

Andy has been staying at best bud Isaiah's this week. I have a list (surprise ,surprise) of a few things that I wanted to get done while he was gone. Andy is pretty independent about getting his school work done. I don't usually get involved to much, so I didn't see having much more time than normal to get my list done. Wrong! I can't believe all I have been able to accomplish with only me here. I have all day and there is no one to talk to or to distract me from my goals.

It's amazing! I have also noticed a cleaner house. Andy is pretty good to pick up after himself (when reminded of coarse) but I have a lot less dirty dishes and laundry with him gone. Also, the Calvin and Hobbs books haven't been cluttering my kitchen table everyday! I thought that the books just magically flew off of the shelf everyday! (sometimes multiple times a day) Now I know who the culprit is!

I have also been working on getting myself around earlier. Normally I will try to clean the kitchen or do laundry first, only to find myself still cleaning the house at noon, in my robe. I have made huge efforts to rectify this problem. Yesterday I was dressed before 7 (am of coarse) and this morning I had exercised, showered and dressed by 9. I am hoping to continue this success when Andy returns. That could be a problem since getting him to take less than a 30 minute shower is nigh on to impossible, but if I get my HOT shower first, maybe he won't take so long. (hee, hee)

As I enjoy this week of accomplishments, I can't help but look into the future and think that this is how it will be in just a few short years. It takes away the joy of my peaceful, accomplished week. So, to those of you who are envying me my time alone, give your babies a big hug and a kiss, and enjoy them while you have them!

13 I love comments!!:

Marisela November 7, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

It would be great to have the house all to myself just to be able to get things done without distraction. But I think I would be lonely after a few days....You are doing better than me, I didn't even get dressed today. Ineed to be better about that too.

Jules November 8, 2007 at 3:28 AM  

I love my children with ALL my heart, but sometimes I wish they would be able to go somewhere for a few days, so I could get a lot done. I work on the same stuff every single day, and at the end of the day, it looks like I have accomplished nothing. So I think in a way, you probably are lonely, and I KNOW I would get to missing my kids after a few days. It is HARD to beleive that Andy will be an ADULT in 2 years! Wow.

meNmykids November 8, 2007 at 5:36 AM  

Wow! A clean house.....Can't even imagine. I'm going to stop and love up on my darlings today, you are right, we should extract every little bit of joy out of our day no matter who or where we are in life. You do such a fantastic job of accepting and enjoying the here and now. Great example.

Chantel H November 8, 2007 at 11:04 AM  

Marisela...Today I was dressed and had the kitchen clean and laundry going by 9! Yippie!

Julie and Gale... 3:28AM and 5:36 AM!! What are you guys thinking!!??
You must be die hard bloggers! Maybe this is the time YOU get to be alone?

meNmykids November 8, 2007 at 12:12 PM  

Chantel the truth is that IS my time to be alone. I covet that time and when Megan gets into her early rising time I hate it! I love that half hour to hour. Lots of times I use it on other things though. Thanks for thinking of me!!! I miss you, would LOVE a walk.

Cherrie November 8, 2007 at 2:37 PM  

You go girl! I need to better about getting around and things done earlier. I get up at a decent time but going isn't always the best for me. I need my routine back.

marykathryn November 9, 2007 at 7:42 AM  

I used to stay up late too to have some alone time....However I'm not in to that anymore with kids in school and my early riser toddler..UHHH-NOOO!! hehe
I do wish sometimes that I could have the WHOLE house to my self, but I am thinking that the grass always looks greener on the other side, at least for me.

Sabriena November 12, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

I'm glad Andy is at Isaiah's house, because I wrote him a letter and still haven't sent it, which is a little bit embarrasing, since the first thing I said in my letter to him was that he must have written a letter and forgotten to mail it, since it was nearly a month later that I received it! However, I have a worthy excuse (which maybe he did, too??!!): I still can't find an envelope.

Sabriena November 12, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

Oh, by the way, thank you for telling me in this post that I will miss my children immensely when they grow up and get married or move out. I WILL give them an extra hug and kiss today! LOL.

Mrs.Martin November 12, 2007 at 5:09 PM  

As I am reading your post, I am thinking what a feeling that will be for me. If I live long enough to see such a day. I will be 55, when Wyatt is 18. Hmmmm.... The last year I had no kids, was... 1987, and next time frame will be 2025. Depressing... LoL

Trina November 13, 2007 at 2:58 PM  

I am glad that you are enjoying your time. I can't imagine having the house to myself either, but you are right there are pros and cons. It's so true of many things in life. Andy hasn't been able to take a 30 minute shower here. He is lucky to get hot water by the time he gets in the shower. I am sure he will be happy to be home to have his whole house and shower to himself again...He has been amazing with Roman...too sweet for words! Roman goes to him with his arms extended and even says Ady. No n in it, but we understand him...lol

meNmykids November 15, 2007 at 9:25 AM  

Thanks for the shoulder! Your the best.

Jules November 30, 2007 at 9:07 AM  

Are you sure that your clock is set to the right time? I honestly don't think I wrote that at 3:28 am. There is a way that you can change your time on your blogs. I think you go under customize. I MAY have wrote it at that time, but I seriously doubt it. Ok, let's test this: it is 11:07 Central time.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.