Getting back into the swing of things

I finally feel like my life is getting normal again. I am getting back into my old routines from before the move. I guess it takes me a while to get adjusted. This is the first month I have gotten back to menu planning and I thought I would share some of my meal ideas. I do not make an actual menu with what we are having on a certain day, I just make a list of about 25 meals. We also eat leftovers and go out a few times a month. With my menu in hand, I make my monthly list and purchase the groceries I need to make each meal. I try to stick to meals that call for my staple ingredients so that I'm not buying a lot of extra stuff.

Here's this months list. I made it on the 13th, so it has fewer meals than normal.

MAIN DISHES
red enchiladas
cheesy potato soup
lemon thyme chicken
*gyros- little greek sandwiches with chicken and a yogurt dressing- one of our favorites!
sloppy joes
pizza
mediterranean chicken- chicken, rice and veggies- a lot like arroz con pollo. Yummy.
tacos
fajitas
*curry chicken- a taste from India and our other favorite meal.
burritos
hamburgers
fish and chips
vidella onion chicken
orange chicken
satay chicken-oriental peanut chicken
ham
minestrone


SIDES
home made bread
cornbread
salad
green beans
corn
cabbage
carrots
rice
spanish rice
beans
cottage cheese
potatoes- fried, baked and mashed

Hopefully this list of meals ideas was helpful. I have also been working on quilting my Olympia border quilt and I feel like I'm finally getting things together. It feels great!

6 I love comments!!:

meNmykids March 18, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

I need to get a few of your recipes. I already have some, but I'm definitely getting some of the chicken ones! I really want to try the gyros on my family.

michelle March 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

I love your menu ideas.It makes me hungry hehe. I wish I could find more things to fix.I do try to plan meals for atleast 2 weeks at atime. I love the name Maddison for a little girl.

Where is my Brain March 19, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

I miss you. I'll have to try some of thoes foods.

Sylvia March 19, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

I'm with Gale, I need to get some of your recipes. I am so disorganized about our meals. I guess I need to just make myself do it.

Cherrie March 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

You need to email some of those chicken recipes... Please!!

Sabriena April 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I've tasted a lot of these dishes at your house! Makes me miss you. I remember the Mediterranean chicken. We had it on a day when either I, or else Kali & I were at your house. I don't remember which. But it was a Monday, which at that time was open gym day. It was delicious! The food, I mean.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.