Tax time is quickly approaching and for most of us that is a good thing. Last year I posted our goals for our tax money, and I decided to check back today to see how we did with that list.

1. New tires for the cars. Check.

2. Pay off the truck. We have been working on this one all year, but finally made it happen last month. Yippee!

3. New or used lawn mower. Check.

4. Replace our 14 year old living room furniture. This has not happened yet, but it's the first thing on the list this year!

This is just another example of why I think list making is important. It helps keep me focused and on task. A mental list is just not quite good enough for me because I am forgetful. So, here's this years tax list.

1. Furniture-it's all picked out, on hold, and waiting for me. I'm so excited.

2. Car repair- it's still drivable, just needs some shocks.

3. Save money for Northwest trip-can't wait!!

4. Down payment on new vehicle??

and what ever is left, if any
5. pay towards debt

We'll see how far we get on this list, but at least it is written down and we have goals. Hopefully this will keep the money from slipping through our fingers.

6 I love comments!!:

Sabriena February 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Good goals. I'm glad you met up with several of your goals from last year. I definitely agree about lists. They help so much!!!

meNmykids February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

I love your goals! So reasonable. I would love to see your furniture. Post a photo.

Marisela February 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Yeah post photos of your new furniture. And when you make it out here to the Northwest don't forget to stop by our place :)

Where is my Brain March 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

I like lists, but I put my long term lists up and lose them. tammy

Skylene March 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

We made lists too for this year and last year too. It's been too long for me to remember last years but I think we met them.
We made goals for this years taxes too. And we met most of them.

Jules March 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Boy am I glad you were already planning on replacing your living room furniture, if ya know what I mean ;) We had such a nice time with you, besides the moments of children's sicknesses. Thank you so much for your hospitality :)

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.