I'm Baack

Okay, I am finally back. We have been very busy with company (totally enjoyed them btw) and then I got sick. It wasn't the deathly ill kind, it came on slow. At first I thought I was just being lazy and didn't want to do anything. I kept trying to push myself everyday, finally on the 4th night it got bad and I no longer felt like a wimp. I let myself recover after that with no guilt. Unfortunately I shared the germ with my family, so they are a little puny at present. I am not saying this to get sympathy, but I wanted to share some of my frustrations on being sick.

I am always cold, so it is no surprise that my normal body temp is around 97.5. I felt fevered for days, but couldn't get the thermometer to read over 98.5. It was very irritating until on the 5th day it finally went over 99. I obviously wasn't burning up and on my deathbed, because I had a small celebration. I know it's not true, but somehow my mind thinks that you're not sick unless you have a fever. Finally, I could claim sickness!

Another gripe about being sick is, I totally spoil my guys when they are sick. I am a mother, so of course I am always trying to feed them or get fluids down them. They are babies about it too, they want me right by them when they are sick. I run off to the store to get anything they MIGHT eat or a movie to occupy them. But when I'm sick, ha ha, totally different story. I didn't want to have to move, so I would put off going to get water to drink. No one offered to get me any that's for sure. If I did ask for something, I had to wait until they were in a good spot in their game to leave it, and even then they were a little put out. I know all of you mother's have experienced this and I honestly think it is unacceptable. I am actually quite mad talking about it even now.

On the day I was really sick, I was sleeping/watching a movie on the computer. When someone got home from church, he instantly took over the computer for the before mentioned game. URG. His excuse was that I was sleeping anyway, but you know how it is when you're sick.

I must admit that I haven't had the pity and sympathy for them this week, in their sicknesses that I normally do. I am very thankful though that I didn't have to go off to work everyday when I was sick, so I am still being a little nice to Dale. But he's going to hear about this for a while.

5 I love comments!!:

Where is my Brain February 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

glad your're better hope the rest start feeling better soon.

Skylene February 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

I'm glad you're better. I have been feeling really tired lately too. Maybe I am getting sick. But I actually think it is because I have been scraping popcorn off of the ceilings. I must be wimpy in my old age 'cuz it is wearing me out!

michelle February 27, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I can totally hear you on the no sypathy for mom when she is sick.Of course for me I am almost never sick .But since I was bad in November I have been sick with the flu and a sore throut and have received more care and sypathy but I think it was cause I was so bad in november.Brian takes alittle better care of me now.

Sabriena February 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

They just don't realize... and it can be irritating! I'm glad that you're feeling better. I'm not even feeling quite as well as I was yesterday. I'd write more, but I'm STILL babysitting, and I've got people asking me questions. So I've got to send a text to Mom and Dad and ask them why they're taking SO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O LO-O-O-O-O-O-O-ONG??? Normally it wouldn't matter, this wouldn't be very long at all - but when nobody is feeling that well? And it's lunch time... sigh. I knew Mom shouldnt've went. Dad hasn't got this yet, and he doesn't think about these things... (you well know what I'm talking of!)

meNmykids February 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

My family was sweet to me while I was sick, but we were (are) all sick together. Megan wasn't sure she should go to church because, who would get the drinks and stuff for all the sickies? What a lovey. Many a time my girls have spoiled me when I was sick, I think it is a male/female thing. It is just because you are outnumbered with boys. I wish I was there and could just loan you one or two girls for your sick time?

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.