More Canning and pumkini?

This is our un-named squash that came from our zucchini plant after it mixed with the pumpkin plant. This is a common occurrence when squash plants cross. We planted them across the garden from each other, but this didn't keep them apart once they started growing. We don't mind though, it is much like zucchini in taste and texture, maybe even a little tastier! I had several of these football size squash and so I made some into dill relish. It has been a huge hit!



Dill relish. I am more than happy to share the recipe, I had a hard time finding one and we don't like sweet relish.


Pickled jalapenos

Lately, I have been putting one chile pepper in every jar of dill pickles. The results have been amazing!

6 I love comments!!:

Kalisha September 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Cool!!! You know, the things that make me glad to be in the family I am in is the love they have, and teach, the faith they have and teach, and the fact that all of my relatives do one or more of these things (And teach them to me); Canning, cooking! Some people don't! Quilting, sewing, embroidery, cute hair styles (Thanks Aunt Chantel. Lol! I am glad you lived here to teach me your tricks!)! And such like. I am so thankful!!!

Love ya lots!
Sister Kalisha.

Marisela September 29, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

All your canning looks so beautiful and yummy....

Skylene October 3, 2009 at 5:12 AM  

Wow you have been busy! I love the canning thing. I didn't attempt it this year as moving seems to be coming up but hopefully next year.

Beth October 5, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Wow thats cool. I think
that happened with Grandma but I am not sure!!!

meNmykids October 6, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

How fun it would be to can with you. Your pantry must be looking mouth watering. Mmmmmm.

Where is my Brain October 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

yummy!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.