Toddler in toe

I took an online class this morning about keeping your toddler entertained while homeschooling the other children and boy did I need that! Lately I have felt like I have been neglecting Ella and not giving her her share of me. There were so many fabulous ideas on how to keep them happily occupied, and that sparked some of my own ideas of things that Ella would love to do. She was still sleeping when I took the class and I was so excited to try some things, I could hardly wait for her to get up. Here is a list of some of the great ideas...

A box of special toys used only for school time

blocks

paint (we have an easel on the back porch so this is an easy one for us)

special "school" books (reading, coloring, and drawing) again just for school time

dominoes, cards

online learning sites (we do abcmouse.com love it!)

a game where they get to cut up junk mail as long as they sit in a laundry basket

play with letter magnets and puzzles

string beads or macaroni

bubbles

chores

and her favorite...

a bath!

I have been going at this school stuff all wrong, trying to get us all ready in the morning and house clean before starting school. This morning I had Samantha quickly get ready and start school but had Ella wait for her bath until Samantha and I were working on phonics. Ella will be 4 in just over a month and our bathroom is centrally
located on the main level, so I could hear her without staying right in the bathroom with her. She is always begging to take long baths but we are always rushing to get ready so this was quite a treat for her and we were able to finish phonics! Everyone was happy :-)

She also did her school books and computer preschool program. This is the first day we were able to have school done by lunchtime!





2 I love comments!!:

meNmykids August 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM  

Yay! You are getting in the roll of it. She is going to treasure her quiet time. Especially her bath. LOl, even more when the bathroom is done?

meNmykids September 13, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

Read some of your posts to James last night. He laughed and laughed about Ella praying that Andy wouldn't pick his nose. Wish we were closer to enjoy those girls more....

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.