Mother

Mother- A woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth.

-A person who provides the care and affection associated with the female parent.

Sorry but these definitions are very shallow and lacking. They don't even begin to cover the sheer joy, abundant love, happiness, heartbreak, and continual worrying of a mother. That she, "Provides the care and affection," ok that just sounds cold and unattached. Which is completely opposite of how a mother feels.

She is filled with amazement when her 4 year old comes up to her and says, "Momma, you know "asteroids" is rocks that live in space?" And her heart is full to bursting when her 5 year old says things like, "Your the best mommy EVER!!!!" or "I love you infinity!!!!", and then gives a big bear hug with all she has. She is beaming with pride when her 20 year old picks up the check after an expensive meal. But then, her heart breaks and is full of fear when he moves out to the unknown. She has confidence that God sees her tears and hears her prayers, so she keeps praying, praying, praying...

The dictionary should be updated. I mean think about it, if it's this far off on a word we all know and understand, What about the words we are actually looking up for meaning? Is it that far off on the depth of all the meanings??





4 I love comments!!:

Mrs. Mom January 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM  

Awe... my heart is happy for you, as I read about your little girls. In the same minute, my heart breaks for you, as I read of your young man moving out, and of your heartbreak.

I was reading your last post and excited to see you are using your vitamix! I have been making green smoothies and juices too. I do not like the color for my juice! lol But they sure do taste good!

Praying with you, as I know that feeling when our kids are off on their own.

Kalisha January 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM  

Reading your posts today... I am behind! Havent ready posts for weeks... Well anyway! Yes, if he thinks the life you have described below is "Calm" then I would hope Uncle Dale never thinks life is Chaotic!
The middle post I didn't even see for some reason until while I was writing this comment... So I haven't read it yet...
And yes, I have never been a mother as you well know, but even being a big sister, aunt, and a daughter I know that there is a lot more to the meaning of the word Mother than what the dictionary says!

Chantel H January 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM  

Thanks for the extra prayers. I can always use those!

meNmykids February 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM  

Amen!!!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.