I woke up this morning with a nice plan for my day.  First, sneak in a movie, alone while the kids are all sleeping.  Then get them "up and at em" for the day, with chores and schoolwork.  Maybe run into Walmart and Costco quickly before heading down to the pool (one of the warmest indoor pools I've ever been to:).  What a nice little plan, don't you think?

Well, I got on the computer, movie in hand, and of coarse I had to just take a peak on facebook to see what my friends are up to this morning.  As usual I was totally distracted from my original plan, but that's not always a bad thing.  One of my friends had posted some links to freezer crockpot meals which I have long wanted to get into.  I spent all of my "movie time" making two lists:  1 of things to make and 1 of things to buy.  I am super excited to make these tomorrow after I collect all of the ingredients today.  Amazingly, I really don't have to buy to much.  Most of the ingredients I already keep on hand.

Some of the recipes I am going to do are:
BBQ Cranberry Chicken
Honey bourbon Chicken
Carnitas
Chicken chili
Chicken and dumplins
Asian Honey Garlic Chicken
Tortilla soup

Super excited, just not sure if we will make it to the pool now, but this is way better. Don't ask the kids' opinion though :)

 http://whoneedsacape.com/2012/11/crockpot-freezer-cooking/
This is one of the sites I used.  Happy cooking!

2 I love comments!!:

meNmykids January 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM  

I need to do something like this. You should teach me.

Sylvia February 5, 2014 at 7:34 AM  

I just read this post. Now I want to know how the recipes turned out. I have thought about freezer cooking, just haven't done it. Hope you are having a good day.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.