yummy chowder

About three years ago I discovered I was allergic to dairy. At that time I made a big change in my diet, with great results: I feel a lot better and I lost weight. That's all good and fine, but I miss a lot of things. One of those things is clam chowder. A few days ago I found a chowder recipe that uses soy milk instead of regular. I was sceptical but also excited to try a yummy bowl of chowder. I proceeded to fix it for dinner last night and at the last minute we had unexpected company. The chowder was a huge success!! I savored every bite! I even had to fight Andy for the tiny amount of leftover chowder today at lunch time. Since it had been 2 1/2 YEARS since I'd eaten any, I prevailed and enjoyed it down to the last drop!

3 I love comments!!:

michelle April 18, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

Clam Chowder is one thing our whole family loves ! We have it homemade about once amonth with sea food.I'm sure that the soy milk didn't make much difference,and that's great that you can find good recipes that you can eat. We are just having a leftover night here .

Cherrie April 18, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

Awesome, you will have to make it for me sometime. I love that you are bloging.

meNmykids April 19, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Yummy!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.