Souper fast Dinner

Here in the northwest we have been having our share of rain, rain and more rain. One of the few good things about a rainy day is that it makes a hot bowl of soup sound warm and filling. One of my tried and true favorite recipes is this minestrone soup. It is yummy and souper fast.
15-20 minutes!!

1/2 lb pasta shells, macaroni, or even spagetti broken into very small pieces
1 small zuchinni
2-3 carrots
1/4 cup onion (or 1 tsp. onion seasoning)
1 cup cabbage
1 15 oz can tomatoe sauce
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 or 2 cans beans of your choice( I use great northern)
2 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper
cooked chicken or other meat(opt)

First I get a 4 quart soup pan and fill just less than half way with water. Put veggies into boiling water. I use a different pan to cook the pasta in because it tends to get overcooked otherwise. When the veggies have boiled for about 5 min, add all other ingredients except pasta. Add water to fill up pot. I put the pasta in the soup pan just before serving. A loaf of french bread finishes off this meal nicely.

5 I love comments!!:

Cherrie April 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM  

Looks yummy! I believe you have made that for me before.

momto3blessings April 13, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

Sound delicious.I will have to try your recipe.

meNmykids April 14, 2007 at 3:41 PM  

yummy. Maybe I need to add that to the menu plan. Sounds good.
Gale

Trina April 15, 2007 at 3:59 PM  

Okay...how come I am the last one to see this post up? I check here all the time! hahaha Well we love soup, so we will have to get this one a whirl. We have had plenty of rain to warrant a hot bowl of soup.

Mrs.Martin April 18, 2007 at 7:13 AM  

I hope to try it before the weather gets too hot here to enjoy soup.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.