Catching Up

Wow! It has been so long since my last blog! I thought I would update all of you on the goings on at our place.

We had flu in the house last week. That is some terrible stuff going around. I have managed to elude it so far. I have become very aquainted with the lysol spray and disinfectant wipes. Everyone is doing better, so I hope it's gone for good.

I have been getting the quilting bug. I put my Olympia border quilt back in the frames and I have a great place to keep it set up, but it is not in the way. I can just go over and quilt on it anytime I have a few spare minutes.

I am also piecing a baby quilt. It is spread all over the diningroom table and floor. I worked on it exclusively all day yesterday, and was amazed how the house stayed clean. Today I haven't had any motivation for it. I just left everything laying right where it was and complained loudly if it looked like someone had stepped on it or moved anything. There are some small joys to living in a house with no little ones to get into things.

Dale has been doing some wood working projects with the few days off he had this week. He is building a bench to put at the foot of our bed. I am excited for him to get it done. It's going to be so cute. He is also building bookshelves and 2 night stand/shelves I saw in better home and garden. I feel very blessed not only to have a trim carpenter for a husband, but one who is willing and eager to please me. I love him!

This week, so far,we (Andy) have finally been able to hit the books and make up for lost time. There hasn't been much time for school since before christmas. I have set up a "schedule" but I have to really work to keep him on it. I have been sticking to my guns though, I want this school stuff done! Andy does too, he just doesn't want to do it. He is much more interested in finding a job. We have been out the last 2 afternoons. He has turned in several applications, hopefully something will pan out. After a job comes his license, so this makes finding work that much more important.

And my final thought for todays blog...

For about 3 years I have been asking for the tightwad gazette for christmas. This year in our family everyone picked out their own christmas gifts, so guess what I got!? I have been reading it almost everyday. I found an interesting recipe in it for home made hot chocolate. Here it is:

Hot Chocolate
8 oz hot milk
1 tsp baking cocoa
1 tsp sugar

The recipe actually calls for dry milk, but I used soy milk and 1/2 tsp more sugar (I love it sweeet!) I was amazed at how good this hot cocoa was. It is easy and cheap. Why buy hot chocolate mix??

13 I love comments!!:

michelle February 19, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

Hey ,great to see you back on here. Now if I can get some motivation or whatever it is to put something new on my post.I just can't seem to get very excited about much lately.I am hoping to go shopping on saturday for some quilt material of my own .

Jules February 20, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

Hello, it is nice to see a new blog entry ;) You are VERY lucky to have a willing (to do projects for you) carpenter husband. I have a tilesetter, but do you think he has EVER laid tile for me, NOPE! Oh well. I wish I could quilt with you. I have a couple quilts that I want to work on. Well keep these blogs coming! Love ya!

Marisela February 20, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

Glad to see you posting again. How nice of Dale to make you new furniture, he nees to come over here and inspire Sean. He he. I have been wanting new bedroom furniture for years now. I would love to see your quilts. You should post pictures.

meNmykids February 20, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

I'm with Marisela, post pictures, of the quilts and the wood stuff that awesome husband of yours is making. I hope that Andy is successful soon! Good luck Andy! Add a little powdered cream on a sinful day and your hot chocolate will really fulfill. Miss you!

Sabriena February 20, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Was it chocolate milk or hot chocolate that you liked the lumps in? If it was hot chocolate, does this stuff have said lumps?

Andy doesn't get his license until he gets a job? What if nobody accepts him for months? As in 11 or 12 months? What if (oh, horror of horrors) he is 17 before he gets his license???

Who is the baby blanket for?

Definitely post pictures. You'll also need to post some pictures of your family sometime soon. After all, we haven't seen (not saw) you in ever so long! LOL.

Kalisha February 20, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

YAY you posted. FINALLY. I was getting pretty impatient.

Cherrie February 20, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Yaa! you got on and finally posted. We've missed you! Maybe when we get out there you can teach me to quilt. Love ya!!!

Chantel H February 20, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

I didn't expect such a quick respose from all y'all!

Michelle: have you decided on a quilt to make?

Julie: Yes, I know am lucky, you should see the stuff Dale is coming up with!

Marisela: I wanted new bedroom furniture for years too, but the last couple of years Dale has finally got in gear. Okay, I can't really say that because he did make me that awesome computer cabinet about 6 years ago!

Gale: Andy had his first interview today. All day long we watched the clock and waited for 1:45 to get here. Nervous stomaches distracted us from our daily routine. Then when the time finally arrived, the interview only lasted 5 minutes and they said they would call within a week if they were interested in him. Urg..

Neena: I like some lumps in my chocolate milk. This hot chocolate was a little lumpy at first, but the lumps weren't good because they were just chocolate lumps, no sugar.

Kali: Patience is a virtue;)

Cherrie: My quilting sprees are only once in a while, we'll see how I feel by the time you get out here.

Trina February 20, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

I am so glad you have posted!! I have missed them soooo much!!

There are some definite ups to no little ones around...hehehe I'm looking forward to seeing that baby quilt you are making... *smiling BIG*

You are so lucky to have an ambitious hubby like Dale!! I can't wait to see the finished master pieces. He always does beautiful work.

Can't wait to see you Chantilly!!

Skylene February 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

Hi Aunt Chantel it sounds like you are having a lot of fun.Sam used to make me stuff but everytime I ask now he says he wants a shop first!

marykathryn February 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Hey you!! I too finally posted!! So great that your honey is doing some things on your Honey-Do list..You know you have one..hehe
Good luck to Andy on the job hunt and too you on the quilt...See you soon!!!

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 February 29, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Isn't it nice to get back on track? I'm terrible about getting back in the groove. Hopefully we are getting there. LOL

Mrs.Martin March 1, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

I love quilting and I hope I can do it again when my life slows down. But you sound like a busy girl too. I did the interview and chaufering in Redmond when I lived there with my two oldest. Good memories of waiting at the library for a shift to end at Subway. I am sure Andy will get a great job.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.