Another Weekend

It was very nice to sleep in until 9 this morning and then we laid around and dreamed about our future home. Yesterday was a stressful day and now closing has been delayed somewhat until the 10th of November. So, again it was nice to take it easy and just do a little dreaming this morning. Then we got busy and cleaned off the porch, raked the yard, went to the grocery store for their screaming weekend deals, took a load of things to storage, did laundry, caulked sis Sharon's bathroom, and met the engineer at our future home. This last one was the highlight of our day, truly. He took away all our stress from the day before, and signed a paper saying the house is "structurally sound." Yippee!! I know we can make it another week. I am so thankful for today, I feel that God totally showed us his power. There was a huge foundation issue with the house and God allowed the engineer to sign off. I never dreamed that would happen. I am so sorry this process is taking so long and so I have to give you all the boring details. Hopefully someday soon I will FINALLY be in my new house and then maybe it won't be so consuming!

Tomorrow the church is having its Thanksgiving Dinner. I am making rolls, ham, and an eclair dessert. Dale hasn't been able to get exited about the dinner. He says it doesn't seem like Thanksgiving, so I didn't make him a pie. Most of you know how important pie is on Thanksgiving, but he didn't want to decide which kind, so he isn't getting any from me yet. It is too much work not to be appreciated.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

7 I love comments!!:

michelle November 2, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

the sleepin in part sounds wondreful. Lately it has been hard to get Dale to sleep in past 6:30 on sat or sunday. Hope thing don't get pushed back anymore on your house.

Where is my Brain November 2, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Hey, hope the house thing goes well after this. We just refinanced and it was a little frustrating also, but it's done.

meNmykids November 3, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

No pie for Dale? That is just not Thanksgiving! Well, at least you still have the real date to work on it. I'm so glad that things are working out with the house. In no time it will just be a memory, but for now it has to be consuming. Hope it is over quick. Would love to come see you.

Kim November 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

It will be over soon. Just enjoy the dreaming right now! Cant wait to see pics of the new place!

Sylvia November 4, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Things like that sure do consume your mind. I was like that about our remodel. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I think we will probably just stay home with our family. Life has felt pretty full lately. I am glad the enfineer signed off. What a relief. It wouldn't seem like Thanksgiving without pie.

Chantel H November 4, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Sylvia: I think we might try to get together with Randy and Cheri. We'll see how it works out. We might try to come out for christmas, again we'll see.

Sabriena November 5, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I hope Uncle Dale gets to feeling more like it is Thanksgiving soon. I've been giving thanks about a lot of things! I feel like God's been showing His power around here, too. Mainly for me, since it's a lot of little things that He's doing just for me. Makes me so happy and thankful. Anyway, I hope he hurries to tell you what type of pie he wants! Kali says to just make him a pumpkin pie!

BTW, I love visiting your blog and listening to your music while I read & while I type. I often get sidetracked, and have to stop whichever one it is that I'm doing at the time, so I can sing with it. Then I have to stop singing, and get back to what I was doing! Our musical tastes seem to be the same!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.