Some tragic news

Last Wednesday night some of us headed over to our favorite little doughnut shop after church. The doughnuts were as yummy as normal, but the man was even more friendly than he usually is. He started saying how nice it has been to have known us, ect. Come to find out, he is closing up shop and moving to Washington DC. Friday was his last day, so I am very sorry to those of you who were not able to go have doughnuts with us. We are all very sad. It is one more reminder to us about a slow economy.

In other news we have closed on our house and have started right in getting some work done. I will post more when I have more time.

8 I love comments!!:

Sylvia November 24, 2008 at 4:01 AM  

Well I am so glad you finally closed on your house. It will be so much fun to get settled in. I am sorry you are losing your favorite doughnut shop. My computer has been down so I haven't been able to get on the computer for a while. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jules November 24, 2008 at 6:40 AM  

I left a comment on your last blog. That is sad that that poor older man has to leave because business is so slow. Poor guy, I definately feel bad for him.

Kalisha November 25, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Oh how sad. I feel sorry for you.

Sabriena November 26, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

Awwwww..... that was something I looked forward to the next time we were there on a Wednesday. Oh, well. Next thing we know your family will be moving to Washington DC anyway, so you don't have to mourn the loss as much as those of us who will probably never see that "famous" place.

Skylene December 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

HI, just wanted to tell you to disregard my request for grandma. I decided it was too much work in too little time. Isn't it funny that Christmas comes the same time every year and it still has this feeling that it snuck up on you! I tried to call you but I don't have your new number and the or one is disconnected.

Skylene December 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trina December 5, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Poor economy or not who doesnt need a good doughnut?! hehehe Your house is lovely. It feels so good to have a house that is your very own, doesnt it? Anything fun and new in the decorating horizon that you will be sharing with us girls? I am anxious to make a trip when we can. I would love to see you and your house, and ohhhh yeah your family in person....hehehe
Love you Chantilly, even though Im sure you wonder when I am M.I.A lately. BUT I DOOOOO!! *muah*

Tish December 21, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

That is sad news! Now what will all of you do after church? Do you have a plan B?

I'm happy for you that you closed on your house. I'm sure you've been very busy and excited with so much to do. We all will be looking forward to pictures when you can manage it.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.