Pictures and updates

We have been so busy the last month or so working on our yard. Here are a few pictures of the progress.

This is the before garden....
And this is the after. We are doing square foot gardening instead of rows. Everything is FINALLY planted and the soaker hoses are in place. Radishes came up after only 4 days, and I just found a zucchini sprout today! It has been 1 week since the major planting.
These 2 photos are of our backyard before, a work in progress. The concrete has been replaced by slabs of rock.
And after! We have grass planted and it's just starting to sprout.
On Memorial weekend our church had a day at the zoo. Here are some pictures of the brethren from that day.
Lonnie and Merissa



Traci and Martha (mother and daughter)



Here's the star of the day, Zoe. She is 9 months old and was born 2 months premature. She is tiny, but very healthy and friendly. Oh, then there's her dad Jerod.



Ashley and Sharon. Everyone went their separate ways in the zoo and then met back to have lunch. We hung out with Sharon and Ashley most of the day. I love Sharon's hat and am thinking about one for myself :)








9 I love comments!!:

meNmykids June 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

How fun! It is nice to have faces to go with the names. I love the hat too.

michelle June 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Your yard is looking great.Myla asked who the people in the pictures are and I told her they are brethern that live where Chantel lives.She said so they are her friends ? I said yep and she said okay that means their my friends too.When do you guys come out to Oregon?

Kalisha June 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

You posted!!! Looks like you guys had fun! I wish I could see your yard in person. I wish I could see you in person more though! Well I wish I could see you sooner than I am going to! Lol. Can't wait!

michelle June 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Yes the house has been on the market for 3 weeks now.It has showed once.Tomorrow it is on a MLS tour for Realetors ,so most realetors will see it and know it is here. I pray that helps.We move the weekend of the 12,13 . Brian is coming with truck and trailer on the 11th ,that is kids last day school. We will head up to Brewster then and kids are going to Brownsville for the whole next week.To spend some time there .then the next weekend is the reunion and Brian and I will come down and meet them there. Then it Brewster here we come to stay.

Cherrie June 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Your yard is looking amazing. That looks like it was a lot of work. I am glad you guys had a nice time at the zoo. I must say I think Zoe is a doll.

Trina June 4, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Wow...you guys have made a ton of progress. Sort of jealous of your ambition!! Lovin' the pictures Chantilly! Its neat to see pics of the brethren there too, finally put a face to all the names. :)

Skylene June 5, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

I like your rock walkway. And make sure you send me some of your tomatoes from your garden!

Jules June 5, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Your yard looks AWESOME. I absolutely LOVE landscaped yards!!!!! Zoe is a doll! Enjoyed the pictures, keep them coming ;)

Colorado Grandma June 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Hey, about the ants. Heard that cornmeal will get rid of them. They take it back to their home, eat it, and then cannot digest it, and die. YAYYYYYYYYY

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.