Date Night

Last night was date night and like so many times, we headed out without a plan. We had tried to google an Indian restaurant in the area, but no such luck. So we drove around aimlessly, trying to decide what to do, letting our 2 hours and 45 minutes start to tick away. We finally spotted a cantonese restaurant much like the one we used to go to when we were dating.

When we opened the door to go in, we both experienced a flood of memories with the fabulous and familiar aromas from 20 years ago. Even the decor inside took us back in time. It was fun to step back for a moment and remember when it was just about Dale and I. Our conversation was light and cheerful. We ordered some of our usuals from days past; subgum chicken chow mein and fried shrimp, but skipping the sweet and sour pork since we now try to avoid too much fried food and pork. It did not disappoint! We now have a new favorite restaurant, so next month when it's date night and we don't know where to go, we'll know where to go.

Then to top it all off, my honey let me go shopping for clothes, KID FREE, afterward. Did I mention KID FREE?!! I was actually able to find a few things too. Love him!!

So then we headed to the grocery store for dessert and picked up a bavarian filled eclair. Oh my, that was sooo tasty. It's a good thing we avoided some calories and fat grams at dinner, so we could pick them up for dessert.

Then, it was time to go get the kiddos and just like every month at this time, they were on a sugar high but also tired, since it was over an hour past their bedtime. After we finally wrangled them to the car and started the 40 minute drive home, they start whining about being hungry. We had already made it past McDonalds, their ritual spot to grab a small cheeseburger after date night. So, when we spotted a 7-11 we pulled in to get them a hot dog. Dale was tired so he stayed in the car, I wish I could pull that one. Sometime. Ever. He did let me go shopping kid free on date night though, so I let it slide.

When we got inside, my beautiful girls turned into maniacs, begging for donuts and chips. They must have forgotten that they had just confessed to eating cupcakes and junk 5 minutes earlier. Not that a hot dog isn't junk food, but it's the best choice in the situation. Anyways, back to the hoodlums. They had different agendas and loudly expressed them to me, when suddenly Ella's eyes widened, she grabbed herself and yelled, "Potttttyyyyyy!!!!" Off to the bathroom we all went. Once that was all done, I was a determined woman on a mission. Hot dogs. It was 9:30 at night in a 7-11 so this should have been a quick process, but we got behind some people who must have just won the lottery and decided to spend it all on more lottery tickets. Sigh.

"Mommy, I really want a donut!" Sigh. Finally, we got our turn and bought 2 hot dogs. We had spent about 15 minutes buying 2 hot dogs.

Did I mention how thankful I am that I got to go shopping KID FREE.

We ran out to the car and I started to explain why we took so long because I was sure Dale was irritated. He said, "Oh wow, I fell asleep. It seemed like just a minute." Oh wow is right. lol

I love my family, my kids, my hubby and this wonderful night out was a real treat.

2 I love comments!!:

meNmykids October 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM  

I think that date night is a wonderful idea. It is fantastic that this particular time took you back in time. Renew the romance etc. And you know....kids are really for bringing us back to reality. LOL

Sabriena October 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM  

Lee & I took a little date night a couple weeks ago, and it was so nice! We are hoping to make it a scheduled event. *Smile*

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.