Laryngitis

The Isaacs were wonderful!! I enjoyed the concert a lot. At 10 o'clock they had intermission and when they still weren't back at 10:20, we left. We had an hours drive ahead of us and by this time I wasn't feeling well. I had finally caught Dale's cold.

We had plans for the weekend, and we had already postponed them for a week because Dale was sick. I got to feeling better the next morning, so we continued with our plans. By Friday night however, I had totally lost my voice. Here I was with dear brethren that I hadn't got to visit with in well over a year, and I couldn't visit! Laryngitis had hit me once again. I have always been very susceptible and when I get a cold, my voice is normally the first thing to go.

I was sitting there speechless (truly) and remembering one time in particular that I had laryngitis. It was 17 years ago this past December 8, at my bridal shower. I would unwrap a gift, ooh and awe over it silently, but with much expression to make up for my silence. I would mouth a huge thank you, then my good friend and spokes woman Trina would calmly say, "She says thanks." We all got some good laughs.

Trina, you would have had a great time translating this past weekend. There were times I had all eyes on me, trying to read lips so that I might be able to be a part of the conversation. On Sunday, I was tempted to stay home (at Lee and Cherries) but in the end I said a prayer and went to church. I'm glad I did. Ron and sherry were there and most of the brethren hung out after dinner and visited. As the day wore on, my voice began to materialize. I was so excited! You don't know how hard it is to sit silently by while Ron goes on and on in his normal harassing fashion. By the end of the evening, I was able to hold my own against him. Yeah!

All in all, we ended up having a wonderful weekend. Today I am resting and recuperating. ahhh...

Stormie, I really enjoyed our girl time. Snacks and Little House on the Prarie, you can't beat that. Sorry you had to go to bed before it ended:( We'll have to watch part 2 sometime.

10 I love comments!!:

Jules April 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Wow, that concert must have ended REALLY late! Sorry you lost your voice, I hate it when that happens :( WOW, I really feel bad for you around your wedding time, first loding your voice at your shower, then getting a cold sore on your wedding day. Two bummers, but you did get a great guy out of it :) Hopefully you guys can come over sometime soon and visit with just us, and we won't have a houseful like last time. Just us 7! Anyway, I'm glad you are getting the voice back and glad you had a pretyy good weekend. Love ya!

Jules April 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Okay, I typed that comment way too fast and messed up in a couple spots. 1: loding was supposed to be losing. 2: pretyy was supposed to be pretty. HEHE, just had to clear that up, it was bugging me.

Cherrie April 21, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Sorry that your voice left you this weekend. Wish we could of had more time to visit. The nights seem to be the hardest times for me. I am a morning go getter. Hope you stay feeling better.

michelle April 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

hey just wanted to say Hi .When does it look like you guys will be coming back.Brian needs to talk to Dale but keeps forgeting about it until it is to late at night.

Kalisha April 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

We will have the back yard and a little over half of the front yard (unless you count the driveway as part of the front yard) fenced in.

JoAnn April 22, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

I sure hope your voice gets all better. Someone has to keep Ron Hays in line! We sure enjoyed seeing him and his kids in OKC when we were there. He and Alan are good friends as well as cousins and it makes him really happy to catch up from time to time. Are you guys going to stop in Colorado on your way back to Oregon? I hope so we would sure love for you to come and see us.

meNmykids April 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

Glad you got to even it out with Ron. I REALLY missed talking to you, Dale is good, but not the same. He tried terribly hard to have enthusiasm at all the right moments, but I was longing to hear your little scream of pleasure when I told you about my present. Sorry you couldn't talk with those you love. Maybe next time.

Sabriena April 23, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Sounds like you've had fun, in spite of voice loss. I feel for you, Aunt Chantel! I never thought about there being a movie of Little House on the Prairie. That's the story I've been reading to the littler girls (Amanda on down). I better hurry, because I have a whole list to read to them! I need to write them down, so I don't forget. Maybe I'll put the order, in a written list. That might help me to wait. I can't wait to introduce them to some of my old favorites! It's a good thing you got your voice back in time to combat Uncle Ron!

Skylene April 24, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

Not being able to talk sounds awful. A brother here said he was born to deaf & dumb parents. Now wouldn't that be hard! I sometimes use my voice a little much but I love having it. Glad your problem isn't permanent.

Trina April 24, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

I remember when I had to be your voice...hehehe I remember when we went to Redding as teenagers and I lost my voice for that whole weekend. It was miserable. Im glad that you got it back though. I also read on one of your comments that you are coming home after the hayride. Need more details....hehehe I miss you!!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.