Food for thought

Often children get upset because they don't get what they want. They throw a little fit and fall into a "poor me, life isn't fair" attitude. As a parent, I don't have a lot of patience or compassion for this line of thinking. I might start listing the good things in their life and have them take over the list, letting them know it is ridiculous and unacceptable to have this frame of mind. Lately I have started seeing much the same attitude in myself. Discontent and ungrateful. It wasn't as easy to recognize as it is when my kids want candy or toys, but I'm sure God sees it just the same. My big one has been not living where I want to live. Just the thought of how much heartache this has brought me makes me very ashamed. I know God had a huge purpose in sending us here. The most obvious is our girls. We would have never encountered their situation or been blessed with them if we hadn't been here. God has granted so many blessings since we've been here. We have had several strong families move into our little body of brethren. Last night as we pulled into the filled church parking lot, I remembered many night meetings of just 3 or 4 of us there. Another blessing since we've lived here is Dale's job. He has had it for over 3 years now, in construction and during this recession. Amazing. Ok so I do miss being around family, but in this day and age they are only a phone call away (another blessing!). God has truly blessed me and I want to be more than content but very thankful for all He has given.

1 I love comments!!:

meNmykids June 28, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

Such good thinking. Stepped on my toes a bit as did Bro. Dennis' talk last night. He came up to sit in meeting with us and testified that God had been so very good to him. How thankful he was, makes me feel small.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.