We all have fears. Some are worse than others. One of my worst fears has always been city driving. I grew up in the Portland OR metro area and truly some of my worst nightmares are of driving through that crazy place with all of its tunnels and bridges. You see Portland has 2 large rivers flowing through it and many large hills so there are 3 level bridges and several tunnels. It makes you feel a little claustrophobic with all that concrete everywhere. Fast forward several years and now I am in the Denver area. I have really tried to work on my driving fears and can manage to drive through the city if I stay on major highways. Today I met up with some friends and went to the zoo. I picked up one of my friends on the way, in downtown, and then headed on to the zoo. I mapquested the exact directions for both legs of the trip and just figured that I would follow the directions backwards to get back home. No problems, right? Well, first of all, the time at the zoo went by all to quickly and soon I found myself on the far side of the zoo at 4:30 pm...Traffic time. Yikes! It took almost 30 minutes to get the kids back to the van and head out. Then, it seemed to have slipped my mind that downtown is full of one way streets and strange diagonal roads. It wasn't as simple as I had hoped, to follow the reverse directions, especially at 5:15 downtown. After a quick call to my honey he sent me down the right path to I-25, the parking lot of highways here in Denver. Amazingly, traffic wasn't backed up tonight, FRIDAY NIGHT, at 5:30 pm. It just moved right along and I was home by 6:00. Boy, do I feel good! I faced those fears and it all turned out good. Now, time to give credit where credit is due, Thank you Lord!

0 I love comments!!:

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.