A tightwad fashion show

I recently got to do some shopping for some needed items. Here are some of the deals I got.




These Levis jeans are $44.00 reg price. I paid $22.00. This is the best deal I have ever gotten on new Levis brand jeans. I can normally find them for about $10.00 - $12.00 off.






I love my new purple shirt, too.

It was reg $28.00. I paid $12.00. It is very feminine with special detail around the neck and elastic at the arms. I made the fred meyer clerk take this one off the manikin. It's the last one they had! Again, I love it. The picture doesn't do it justice. I also have a new white tank on under the shirt. I bought it a few months ago for $9.00 reg $18.00. It has crocheted lace at the neck. I was going to take it back because I didn't have anything to wear it with, but I lost the receipt and was afraid they wouldn't give me all my money. Now I'm glad I kept it!




This green T-shirt is very basic, but comfortable and casual. This one was $28.00 reg and $12.00 on sale also.




I have been eyeing this little white skirt for a while. It is very wrinkled here because it sat in my floor all night. I don't remember the reg. price on this one, but it was on clearance for $25.00 and I paid $15.00. It is lined and just adorable in person, especially with my new purple shirt.



So far, my clothing deals have been good, but not spectacular. Here are the deals the "Tightwad Gazette Lady" would be proud of:


I thought this black and white top was darling and knowing how much I paid for my other clothes, you know I would have gladly paid the $1.00 asking price, but at yard sales the rules are different and I was happy when the lady took my $0.50 offer.




These are some freebie shoes from shopaholic sis cherrie. I will take her discards anyday! She gave me these shoes last oct and I have wore them a few times but I didn't have THE thing to go with. They are a hit with my new black and white, $.50 shirt!




Here's another yard sale find. I agonized whether or not to get this with the move coming but I just love it. $5.00 She was asking $7.00.





Here it is with some of my other decorations. I love my little metal wall hanging. My Dad bought it for me as a surprise.




This is a picture of my mantle and the family ties sign I bought a few months ago. It was 14.99 at TJ Max.








14 I love comments!!:

Sabriena July 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

I LOVE your deals! That is so good for you. I love your decorations, too. I have to admit that at least in the pictures, that black and white shirt is the one I like best on you. And the cheapest!

Skylene July 18, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

You look really cute in all of your deals. And I love the clock.

Jules July 19, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

I love all your pictures. I liked seeing a little of what your house looks like :) My favorite article of your clothing would have to be your $.50 black and white shirt. Not because of the price, but the style :) I'm glad you were able to get a few things for a good price.

Sylvia July 19, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

Sounds like you had fun shopping. I am glad you had such luck. Everything looks beautiful.

Cherrie July 21, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

I love your shoes... hehehe Your clothes all look so good.

Marisela July 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Very cute! I relly like the black and white one too...and the skirt with the purple shirt looks really nice too. I like all your home decor. It would be nice to come see it all in person before you move away.

Amber Lois July 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Nice. I really miss shopping with you. So where are you going to move?

meNmykids July 21, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

You are so awesome. Love the deals, especially the clock. Was good to talk for the half minute.

Chantel H July 21, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Thanks for all the input, especially about the clock. I have been feeling a little regret about it, but you have all helped me thank you!

Amber, we are still praying about where.

Trina July 23, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Oh good for you! I know how hard it is for you to actually find a shirt that you LOVE! Those are great purchases. I need to add a few to my collection. I love all the pics, it makes me miss you *sigh*

JoAnn July 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

I love the black & white shirt it is the cutest!

Kalisha July 25, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

I love your $0.50 shirt and the purple one with the undershirt, I love the lace on the undershirt it makes the purple shirt look REALLY cute.

marykathryn July 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

Wow..Those were some GREAT deals and such cute clothes!! You always look so cute, but these clothes are definite keepers!!:-)
Can't beat .50 for a shirt!

Tish July 26, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

I'm finally invited to this elite blog of yours!

I've been busy catching up! I love your deals too. The clock is cute! For $5 I'm sure I would have bought it too. I really like the style of the black & white shirt too.

I hope God will help you figure out where to move and it's a place you will enjoy living. You guys are so friendly I'm sure you'll do fine enywhere though.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.