Growing up??

Andy assures us that he is liking school and doesn't want to homeschool any longer. I understand his reasons and think that so far the experience is going well. He is a lot more motivated than he used to be. We used to homeschool from 8:30am-2:00pm (he was up at 7:30) with an hour break for lunch. Most days Andy would ask to be able to skip this or that to get done earlier. He didn't have a terrible attitude about school, but he definitely didn't do it until he was told. I want to share with you Andy's day yesterday:

6:30 am Andy got up and got ready for school
7:30 am left for school
1:15 home from school
1:30 left for college classes
4:45 home from school, free time
5:30 went to get hair cut
6:15 back home, clean room
6:30 ate dinner
7:15-9:30 homework
10:00 bed

I realize that Andy has a great opportunity in taking these college classes, I just think it is funny that he doesn't complain about his homework or schoolwork now even though there is a lot more of it. Last night we didn't even know he had homework, he just mentioned it after dinner and went off to get it done. That made a total of 10 1/2 hours of school work vs. 4 1/2 when homeschooling. I am very pleased with the change in him so far, I know that school is always new and exciting at first we'll see how it lasts. I am very much enjoying my role of mother without nag, nag, nagging about school work all the time. To all of you homeschoolers out there, I loved our homeschool life and wouldn't change it if I could go back, but I know life is full of change and we need to find contentment where ever we are.

3 I love comments!!:

michelle September 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

Glad he is adjusting to life and liking school.

Trina September 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

I am so glad that it is going so well! You did a GREAT job homeschooling which is why he is doing so well. Fantastic job Mom! Isaiah is going to the college here tomorrow to take his placement test, and he is enrolled with the college as of Monday. CRAZY, but exciting!!! I will let you know more when I know more. Miss you!!

Sabriena September 23, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Sounds nice. I don't think I would like public school that much, but every person is different. It seems like every time I see Andy, or you post something about him, or I just hear something about him through some source or another, then even I can tell that he is just getting more and more mature and grown. I miss you all right now.

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.