I've been Tagged!!

How many of us aren't being tagged lately? Well here's my life story.


Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I can tell you eight things about myself
2. I will tell you eight random facts/habits about myself
3. If you are tagged, you write your own blog post about your eight things (include the rules)
4. At the end of my blog, I will choose eight people to tag, and list their names
5. Don't forget: Leave them a comment telling them that they've been tagged!

Here are the facts:
1. I have 3 younger brothers and no sisters. My mom is a girly-girl and she was determined that her one and only girl would be ALL girl, so I was in curls and ruffles as a small child. I naturally followed in her footsteps and had no use for bugs or dirt, the fun things my brothers wanted to play with. I do remember Lee (my brother closest in age to me) and I playing Starwars. In my mind it was a love story so it was ok to play with the action figures.

2. I met my husband when I was 5. My family moved from Oklahoma to Oregon and I was able to meet many of the people who greatly affect my life today. I didn't want to move to Oregon and often cried and prayed to go back. Then when I was about 12 I had a dream that we did move back and I had to say goodbye to all my close friends in Oregon. It was a true nightmare and I never had the same feelings about Oklahoma again.

3. My least favorite chore is dusting. I remember going to each of my grandmother's homes and the help they wanted was dusting, so they probably hated it too. It must be hereditary. I only do the dusting if I have overnight guests coming and sometimes not even then. Maybe someday when I have grand daughter's my house will be dusted more often.

4. One of my pet peeves is the misuse of the words seen and saw. I am definitely no grammar buff, but for some reason every time someone does this I mentally correct them. For example people say, " I seen Bob yesterday" It should be " I saw Bob yesterday." Seen should be used with have. "Have you seen Bob?" or " I've seen you everywhere today, Bob." Every time someone says " I seen... " I automatically add an okie accent to their words in my head. Just a crazy little thing about me.

5. I had laryngitis at my bridal shower the week before my wedding. My good friend Trina sat up front with me and as I would mouth a big thank you to someone, and use my eyes and face to relate how I felt, she'd say, in a very mellow tone, "She says thank you." She has such a great sense of humor!

6. I used to get canker sores all the time. Growing up it seemed like I was always fighting one of these, including on my wedding day! I had been fighting sickness (remember the laryngitis) and in the end I had a monster fever blister in the corner of my mouth for the wedding pictures. Oddly enough, after I had Andy I didn't have them as much, but he did! At one point when he was 7 we made him cut way back on pizza, spaghetti, ketchup, and the sort (all of his favorites) because he couldn't get rid of the soars. As he has aged it has gotten better for him but he does have one as we speak.

7. I have served hairy home made noodles to company. We were having some dear old friends over to do some reconnecting. I spent all day making home made noodles and the works. As we were sitting over dinner we ALL found hair in our noodles. I had not pulled my hair back when cooking and I guess I was doing some big time shedding that day. I was sooo mortified. The company assured me all was fine. Truly I can't think of anyone I would have rather had over in that experience. Thanks for still loving me even after eating my hairy noodles Trina!

8. I have fallen bottom first into an un-flushed toilet with the seat up. Remember my 3 younger brothers. I do love them. I am a deep sleeper and I was practically sleep walking to the bathroom one night to relieve my bladder. I awoke rather suddenly and wasn't to happy about it as you can imagine.

I am tagging: Kali, Trina, Michelle G, Teresa, Gale, Mary, Cherrie,& Marisela

As most of you have been tagged recently I suppose that list will do. The rules are subject to interpretation.

7 I love comments!!:

Trina August 3, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

This list had me in stitches!! I can't believe you remember you personal shower that well. hahaha And those were some of the best HAIRY noodles I have EVER had!! hehehe

Mrs. Mom August 3, 2007 at 9:41 AM  

I love your list! I remember dusting for my grandmas too. How funny! My grammar is terrible, but my use of punctuation is worse than my grammar LOL Anyway, I have this thing about the misuse of there, their, and they are. Oh wow, it's funny what grabbs our attention LOL!

Kalisha August 3, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

I tagged you, but you are tagged, and you wrote that you were tagging me but never gave a comment saying so.

Sabriena August 3, 2007 at 11:57 AM  

Very funny!!! Yes, I know about your pet peeve! I will never forget that day that Kaleb told Andy "Saw" when he'd said "I've seen that car before." I laughed very, very, very hard!

Cherrie August 3, 2007 at 1:17 PM  

You are to funny. Lee doesn't leave the toilet up anymore.lol...
But please don't make me any hairy noodles.

Marisela August 3, 2007 at 4:36 PM  

Fun facts to read! I will have to go make a list for myself.

marykathryn August 7, 2007 at 10:52 PM  

So funny!! Love your list and the toilet story is cracking me up!!...Brothers!!
Also I just wanted to say that we had such a great time this last weekend!! You guys are so fun and easy to visit with...Hope all is going well and I'm sure we will end up in the say get together somewhere soon..I hope!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.