A change in the plans

We are moving sooner than we first planned. We will not be making the camp out:( Today was our official move out day. It was crazy and hectic. First our land lord informed us that he would be charging us to repaint the house! We have lived in about 20 different homes and I have never had a land lord that was so picky or charged us to repaint. Before we left Bend, I found out we were driving our moving truck without insurance. Last year when we moved, our agent went over all of our coverages and told us we didn't have to purchase the extra insurance offered by the truck company. This move, I tried to contact my Oregon agent, but because our moving date was changed with such short notice, I wasn't able to reach them until today. They informed us as we were driving down the road that now that our policy is in Oregon, we are not covered for a moving truck. No insurance on a 26 ft. nice, new, huge truck. No stress there. I got in touch with Penske and they said we had to go into a dealer so they could inspect the truck before they would let us purchase insurance. The closest dealer along our way is in Boise, unless we wanted to go back to Salem where we picked up the truck. Thankfully we have made it safely this far. Early tomorrow morning we will go get the insurance, what a relief that will be. We came upon a terrible wreck about 10 miles back, I am thankful that God has protected us.

10 I love comments!!:

Jules August 26, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

That REALLY stinks that the landlord did that to you! That is not nice at all. I'm glad it all worked out for you to insure that truck, that is ALL of your stuff, I would feel the same way, I would definately want it insured. I'll be praying for a safe trip for you all. Love ya!

Amber Lois August 26, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Wow talk about stress. You know that God will protect you every step of the way.

Sabriena August 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

He really is powerful. I hope you safely got the insurance today. Although you may be stressed by the move, just think about how stressed you would be if that happened and you weren't used to moving. At least you've got experience on your side!

When you commented on my post, you said you could always count on me to have a fresh post. Did you also notice that it was a pretty concise post? Just curious.

Well, I've got to go. I just got back from a walk, and it's lunch time, and I just checked my e-mail real quick and saw that you had commented, so I wanted to see if you had made a new post (which you had). I know that was very much a run-on sentence, but I meant it to be one. It was supposed to sound as if I was actually talking to you in person. LOL.

Sylvia August 26, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

Isn't the stress wonderful? What did you paint on those walls for him to have to repaint? Just kidding. I think it must be his policy to always charge for repainting. Some landlords are like that. Still it is VERY frustrating.
Why did you have to move early? I hope you were able to get insurance. Have a safe trip.

michelle August 26, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

Sounds like you on your way in this post.Your landlord sounds like he turned out to not be so nice ,can't beleive he thinks he can do that to you.I mean was there any damage or did he just decide it was time to paint and he could charge you for it?!. Well hope everything goes okay for you the rest of the way and that you can find a place and job right away.So wish you could have stayed for the campout. Love and prayers.

Kim August 27, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Sorry about the insurance thing! I wish I would have known you were coming through Boise! (We live in Nampa which is right off the freeway before you go through Boise!) I would have loved to be a pit stop to eat or potty! You wouldnt have to stay just eat and run! Oh Well! If anyone else that reads your blog is ever in town or just passing through let me know! We would love to have you!

Skylene August 28, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

More stories to tell your grandchildren about walking to school uphill both ways! I hope Andy has a lot of children because you have a lot of ?good? moving stories by now. And I am sorry for the un-nice landlord too.
Grandma says she hopes you get a place real easy, and drive safe. Oh maybe not in that order.

meNmykids August 30, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Hopefully by this time you are all settled and the stress is over. I miss you. Can't wait to talk.

Jules September 8, 2008 at 7:13 AM  

You need to e-mail me with your new phone number!!! Also, Aunt Donna was wanting your number and/or address, so you may want to give her a call. Hopefully we'll talk to you soon :D

michelle September 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

hey, give us an update we miss you!!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.