Reviving an old project, But first...

First things first, Dale has a job to start on Monday and we are soooo thankful. It is the job he has really wanted since we first got out here. The job site is only 4 miles from our house. It should be long term. At least a year and maybe longer. Again I am so thankful!

Ok, here's what the post is really about:

About 2 years ago I started a new picture project. I had all of my pictures from 16 years of marriage in one huge tub and a few small boxes. Amber came over and helped me organize them chronologically. I had new albums to put them in and journal on the side. It is my new substitute for scrap booking. At the time Amber and I started, I got the pictures in up to the year 2005 and the beach party we had that summer. For various reasons that I won't bore you with here, I felt stuck and unable to proceed any further. In the time since then, I haven't even had my pictures made, I just left them on the computer. I felt it was useless to print them because I wasn't ready to put them in the albums. I have also cut back on taking pictures for fear that the computer will fail and I won't have them anyway.

As you can tell, the incomplete album project has haunted me for over 2 years, to no avail. I didn't get much journalling done when we started, just pictures in. On Monday one of the sisters here had a day of scrap booking at her house. I decided to take my picture journals instead so that I could get past my block. I got 1/2 of one album journalled and I already had over 2 done, but I have 7 photo albums full of pictures! It takes a long time, but not near as long as if I were scrap booking all of these photos. I also got past the beach party pictures!! (not journalling, just the pictures in that I wanted) Yippee! Now that was a huge step. It gave me the courage to get the pictures back out today and completely finished putting 2005 in the album, then sorted and organized all of 2006. Another huge accomplishment because I have a bizillion (I am no longer a homeschooling mom, I don't have to worry if bizillion is really a word or not hehe)2006 pictures. I am going to need more albums to put them in! Good thing I still have birthday money!

7 I love comments!!:

Sabriena January 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

The reason spell check says that bizillian isn't a word is because it really isn't! But bazillion is! I tested it to make sure, because I was pretty sure that was how it is spelled. The definition is "a very large exaggerated number: You were going a bazillion miles an hour!".

I'm glad you got past your block there - stay past it! I'll definitely look at your albums if ever I get to visit you again! LOL. I'm glad you got a bazillion of your bazillions of pictures done, keep at it!

Glad to see you posting again! Keep up the good work! It motivates me. Speaking of which, I wasn't motivated this morning, it was just what I had to get done. And I pretty much got it done, too. The food was magnificent! No rice! (Not enough burners on the stove!)

meNmykids January 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Now you need to come help me! I have many years worth to take care of too. Sigh.

Where is my Brain January 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Hey sounds like me. i always say "this year i'm going to do it as i go....yeah right...it has not happened yet." the other day i did put some albums together and discovered that the year of 2006 has completly disappered from this world. can't find hide nor hair of any pictures from then? who knows. good for you. and happy catching up.

Sylvia January 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

It gives me great comfort to know that as the years go by there will be no proof that my family ever existed except for all of the kids. I am horrible about even taking pictures. Congratulations on getting some of it done.

Marisela January 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

I really need to do that too. I think my last album is 2001. The journaling is a good idea too.

Trina January 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I have thoroughly enjoyed the bazillion posts that I have obviously missed...hehehe Love your pictures that FINALLY showed up. Super cute! As far as your color dyslexia..I think that you have hidden this handicap well if you have it at all. I think you are just way too exact about things some times. I have always said if you love it then you can make it work. However, I would love to come to your home and see things for myself...hehehe

PS I texted you about Dale's job, did you get that? Havent got a text back....*sniffling*

Jules February 4, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Whoa! I was very behind on your posts. I loved the pictures of your house (well the ones that I could see anyway) :) It looks very nice! Cody looks like a sweet dog. I can't wait to see you soon! I'm looking forward to our trip!

About this blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a stay at home mom and wife who is thankful to the Lord for my many blessings! I love lists and can't fully function unless I am following one, whether it be for groceries, daily errands and chores, or long term goals. I like to share my sometimes comical experiences about cooking and menu planning, being a tightwad, my adorable children, and thoughts on God's plan for me and mine. I love comments and feedback!

I love my Honey!!

I  love my Honey!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket Photobucket

Samantha

Samantha

Ella

Ella

Andy

Andy
Powered by Blogger.